Sills Cummis & Gross is a recognized leader in New Jersey and New York in representing the financial services industry. For more than four decades, the Firm has represented, and continues to represent, international and prominent national banks and their subsidiaries, commercial finance companies, debt and equity funds, and private lenders.
The Firm has represented the financial services industry in a wide array of legal disputes and litigation matters in state and federal courts in New Jersey and elsewhere throughout the nation, including:
- Defense of Putative Class Action Lawsuits Relating to Subjects as Diverse as Equipment Leasing, Credit Insurance, Information Security, Credit Cards and an Alleged Conspiracy to Fix Interest Rates
- Defense of Lender Liability Claims
- Asset Recovery Litigation
- Negotiable Instrument Actions, such as Allegations of Forged Maker’s Signatures, Forged or Missing Endorsements, Alterations, Conversions, Fictitious Payees, Midnight Deadline Violations, Failure to Follow Restrictive Endorsements, Wrongful Dishonor, Unauthorized Preparation, and Failure to Stop Payment
- Allegations of Mishandled Wire Transfers, Unauthorized Withdrawals, Failure to Deliver Statements, Removals from Depository Bags and Safety Deposit Boxes, Improper Crediting of Deposits, and Improper Turnover of Funds among many other allegations
- Defense of Consumer Claims