The purchase, sale and financing of commercial properties have long been a core competency of Sills Cummis & Gross’ real estate practice. Our attorneys handle dozens of single and multi-property conveyance, acquisition and loan transactions each year, including fixed-rate “conduit” and floating rate mortgage financings, mezzanine loan transactions and portfolio sales and acquisitions.
- Representation of a state university in the acquisition of its graduate business school site after the conversion of the underlying property into condominium units, and on a major multi-use development project involving retail, student housing, administrative offices, a parking garage and a performing arts center.
- Representation of a REIT in connection with the due diligence and other real estate aspects involved in the purchase of shopping centers throughout the United States.
- Representation of one of the largest operators of department stores in the U.S. in the disposition of acquired department store properties and in the partial “de-malling” of an enclosed regional mall for conversion to mixed use.
- Representation of a REIT in the acquisition and disposition of numerous neighborhood and community shopping centers throughout the United States, including the assumption of mortgage debt in certain of the acquisitions.
- Representation of an institutional merchant banking client in the $375 million+ sale of its company which owned self-storage properties in nine states.
- Representation of a real estate investment/management business in the sale of its student housing portfolio of properties throughout the United States.
- Representation of a real estate investment/management business in the sale of interests in the New York Marriott Hotel.
- Representation of the purchaser of Gateway One office tower in Newark, New Jersey.
- Representation of a group of investors in the acquisition of a golf club in Monmouth County, New Jersey.
- Representation of a major owner and operator of casinos in the $275 million acquisition of an Atlantic City hotel.
- Representation of a diversified holding company in the acquisition of a $70 million casino-zoned boardwalk property in Atlantic City.
- Representation of a large gaming company in connection with the $1+ billion acquisition of the Caesars casinos from the Starwood Hotel Group.
- Representation of large foreign based entities in connection with the acquisition and/or construction of their U.S. headquarters.