Our Real Estate group has long represented clients in the development, redevelopment and construction of all types of properties, both commercial and retail. Many of our clients are involved in the redevelopment and revitalization of urban and suburban areas and our lawyers work closely with state and government leaders to bring these projects to completion. Several of our attorneys are well versed in the redevelopment area designation and redeveloper selection process, from “area in need” determinations and the adoption and implementation of redevelopment plans, to the preparation and negotiation of redeveloper agreements. Our construction lawyers then advise developers of the risks and benefits associated with each of the choices they will face in the construction process from inception to post completion.
- Representation of a large financial services corporation in connection with the retail redevelopment of the World Financial Center complex, which is spearheaded by Brookfield Properties. This transaction will create new premiere retail space and involves a re-alignment of leasehold and tenancy-in-common interests, as well as amending the ground lease and swapping of space.
- Representation of a developer and operator of resorts in connection with all aspects of the development of a four-season resort in northern New Jersey, including the construction of a residential and retail village.
- Representation of several community shopping center developers, both public and private, in their growth in the New York-New Jersey-Pennsylvania marketplaces.
- Representation of a developer in the structuring and implementation of the development and leasing of a 600,000 sq. ft. condominiumized “power center” in West Windsor, New Jersey, and a 300,000 sq. ft. condominiumized “power center” in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
- Representation of a “big box” user in the creation of a “vertical subdivision” at a shopping center in connection with its acquisition of the ground floor.
- Representation of a utility authority in its construction of a waste-to-energy cogeneration facility.
- Representation of major casino hotels in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Initial representation involved a 1300-plus room casino and spa facility, requiring the securing of all governmental entitlements (including gaming) for initial development and subsequent expansions of the hotel. Subsequent representation involved the securing of all governmental approvals for construction of a 308 room tower and theater complex, transportation center and 3000 car parking garage.
- Representation of a developer in obtaining governmental approvals for a 280 room and 50,000 sq. ft. hotel/office complex in Atlantic County, New Jersey.
- Representation of the owner and operator of casinos in its applications for casino regulatory approval in connection with its construction of a new major casino hotel on the Atlantic City boardwalk.