Sills Cummis & Gross handles a wide variety of high profile First Amendment and defamation matters for its clients as part of its media law practice. The media law practice at Sills Cummis & Gross provides comprehensive services to individual and corporate clients, including:
- Defending and prosecuting defamation claims on behalf of clients in the healthcare, information technology, print and television media, insurance, entertainment and other fields
- Litigating access to government records (Freedom of Information Act [FOIA], Open Public Records Act [OPRA] and common law)
- Conducting pre-publication review for media clients for potential liability, including liability for defamation and invasion of privacy
- Defending media clients relating to news gathering torts including invasion of privacy and false light
- Advising media clients in connection with Congressional investigations concerning news reporting practices
Sills Cummis & Gross has been successful in obtaining corrections, retractions and apologies for inaccurate matters that have already been published.