Litigation Associate – Newark
Sills Cummis & Gross P.C. is a full-service corporate law firm with offices in New Jersey and New York. At Sills Cummis & Gross, our goal is to make sure you are exposed to high-profile cases and receive the necessary tools to exceed client expectations. Our attorneys are innovative, creative, and collaborative; giving you the platform to flourish in an environment where your ideas matter. When you join our group of attorneys, you will work alongside some of the best professionals in their field of practice who will mentor you and help develop your skills. The firm not only makes a commitment to our clients, we also make a commitment to our attorneys. If you are ready to join an engaging, inclusive firm where you will have the ability to shape your future, please read more below.
Sills Cummis & Gross litigators represent multinational corporations, financial institutions and government bodies, often in complex and important matters. Our attorneys are active in pre-trial, trial and appellate matters in federal and state courts, as well as administrative litigation, grand jury investigations and arbitrations. In March 2022, Sills Cummis & Gross was named “New Jersey Firm of the Year” 2022 by Benchmark Litigation. This is the sixth year in a row Sills Cummis & Gross received this honor. In addition to being named “New Jersey Firm of the Year” by Benchmark Litigation since 2017, Sills Cummis & Gross was named “General Litigation Department of the Year - Midsize” by the New Jersey Law Journal in 2016, 2019 and 2020. The Department is also ranked by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business in New Jersey.
Sills Cummis & Gross is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in our workplace.
- 1-2 years of complex commercial and business litigation experience.
- Knowledge of complex business disputes, contract disputes and complex insurance coverage issues a plus.
- Strong writing skills necessary to draft complaints, answers, discovery requests and responses.
- Strong research skills and oral communication.
- Possess a JD from an accredited law school with a strong academic record.
- Must be admitted to practice in the State of New Jersey or New York.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to interact directly with clients.
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter, resume and transcript to Milvia Burns, Chief Talent and Strategy Officer, here.