Corporate Associate – Newark
Sills Cummis & Gross P.C., founded in Newark, New Jersey in 1971, is a full-service commercial law firm with offices in New Jersey and New York. As one of the largest law firms in New Jersey, Sills Cummis & Gross has established a national reputation in its handling of precedent setting issues. Our client roster ranges from Fortune 500 to emerging growth and foreign corporations doing business in the U.S. Our clients know that our goal is to be their advocate and to efficiently resolve the matters we are retained to handle. Given the current economic climate, we are mindful of budget constraints and effectively staff our matters so that we can work within our clients’ parameters. We are service providers and our greatest asset is our client base. To preserve that asset, we keep our clients informed every step of the way. This is why many of our clients have retained us for decades and continue to keep us on the top of their lists of service providers.
The Firm’s highly credentialed and experienced corporate practice group attorneys handle a broad range of public and private transactional, compliance and corporate counsel assignments. Our clients are international and domestic investors, lenders, entrepreneurs and operating companies, from startups to small and midsized entities to Fortune 500 corporations. The Firm’s experience spans a diverse range of industries, including financial services, pharmaceutical and other life sciences, technology, insurance, real estate, construction, public utilities, health care, education, food and beverage, hospitality, media, consumer products and industrial manufacturing.
Sills Cummis & Gross is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in our workplace.
- 3-6 years of corporate practice experience.
- Draft and negotiate key and ancillary documents for M&A, financing, joint venture, technology collaborations/licensing and other corporate and commercial transactions.
- Work closely with clients’ business and legal personnel in a variety of corporate matters.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, drafting, negotiation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Possess a JD from an accredited law school with a strong academic record.
- Admitted to practice in the State of New Jersey or New York State. Both are preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to interact directly with clients.
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter, resume and transcript to Milvia Burns, Chief Talent and Strategy Officer, here.