Bankruptcy Associate – Newark
Sills Cummis & Gross P.C. is a full-service corporate law firm with offices in New Jersey and New York. At Sills Cummis & Gross, our goal is to make sure you are exposed to high-profile cases and receive the necessary tools to exceed client expectations. Our attorneys are innovative, creative, and collaborative; giving you the platform to flourish in an environment where your ideas matter. When you join our group of attorneys, you will work alongside some of the best professionals in their field of practice who will mentor you and help develop your skills. The firm not only makes a commitment to our clients, we also make a commitment to our attorneys. If you are ready to join an engaging, inclusive firm where you will have the ability to shape your future, view read more below.
Sills Cummis & Gross litigators represent multinational corporations, financial institutions and government bodies, often in complex and important matters. Our attorneys are active in pre-trial, trial and appellate matters in federal and state courts, as well as administrative litigation, grand jury investigations and arbitrations. Sills Cummis & Gross received the IFLR1000 United States: Guide to USA’s Leading Financial & Corporate Law Firms’ New Jersey Restructuring and Insolvency Tier 1 (the highest level) ranking from 2018-2021. Additionally, the Sills Cummis Bankruptcy, Financial Reorganization and Creditors’ Rights Practice Group is highly ranked regionally in the 2022 edition of “Best Law Firms” published by U.S. News – Best Lawyers.
Sills Cummis & Gross is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in our workplace.
- 2-5 years of general commercial litigation experience with chapter 11 bankruptcy and financial reorganization and/or creditors’ rights experience a plus.
- Experience with complex corporate restructuring a plus.
- Strong writing skills necessary to draft complaints, answers, discovery requests and responses, motions and briefs.
- Strong research and oral communication skills.
- Prior bankruptcy clerkship a plus.
- Possess a JD from an accredited law school with a strong academic record.
- Must be admitted to practice in the State of New Jersey and/or New York.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to interact directly with clients.
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter, resume and transcript to Milvia Burns, Chief Talent and Strategy Officer, here.