David I. Rosen has practiced labor and employment law since 1977. He has broad experience handling federal and state court jury and bench trials and appeals, administrative agency trials and hearings, and employment and labor law arbitrations. His areas of expertise extend to wrongful dismissal, discrimination and retaliation claims, whistleblower claims, wage and hour issues, employment and separation agreements, and restrictive covenant and trade secret disputes. Mr. Rosen also represents employers in collective bargaining and on NLRB matters.
Mr. Rosen has provided day-to-day advice and counsel on a myriad of federal and state labor and employment laws and has counseled clients on matters involving strategic high-level employment law advice.
Mr. Rosen has in depth employment and labor law experience in all the following industries: health care, hospitality, pharmaceutical, warehouse and distribution, retailing, condominiums, manufacturing, financial services, garment, radio broadcasters, law firms, construction, shipping container, freight forwarding, and not-for-profit organizations.
- Employment and Labor
- Health Care
- International | U.S. Cross-Border
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Rankings and Recognition
- Selected for inclusion in:
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business®* 2013-2022, New Jersey Labor & Employment
- The Best Lawyers in America®* 2012-2023, Employment Law - Management; Labor Law - Management; Litigation - Labor and Employment
- The Best Lawyers in America®* Newark "Lawyer of the Year" 2019, Litigation - Labor and Employment
- New Jersey Super Lawyers®* 2009 and 2011-2023, Employment & Labor: Employer
- Benchmark Litigation: America’s Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys®* 2015-2023
- Benchmark Litigation: Labor & Employment®* "Labor & Employment Star - Northeast" 2018-2022
- The National Law Review* "Go-To Thought Leaders" 2019-2021, Employment Law
- New Jersey Law Journal®* "Mentors" 2018
- Honored by the Black Veterans for Social Justice in 2018.
* See Award Methodology. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Fellow, The College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
— Former Member, Executive Committee, Labor and Employment Law Section
Member, The Justice Marie L. Garibaldi American Inn of Court for Alternative Dispute Resolution
Member, New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators
Board Member, Pillar Care Continuum
Former Master of the Bench, Sydney Reitman Employment Law American Inn of Court
- J.D., Case Western Reserve University School of Law
- B.A., Tufts University, magna cum laude