Land Use and Redevelopment Associate – Newark
Sills Cummis & Gross P.C. is a full-service corporate law firm with offices in New Jersey and New York. At Sills Cummis & Gross, our goal is to make sure you are exposed to high-profile cases and receive the necessary tools to exceed client expectations. Our attorneys are innovative, creative, and collaborative; giving you the platform to flourish in an environment where your ideas matter. When you join our group of attorneys, you will work alongside some of the best professionals in their field of practice who will mentor you and help develop your skills. The firm not only makes a commitment to our clients, we also make a commitment to our attorneys. If you are ready to join an engaging, inclusive firm where you will have the ability to shape your future, view our open positions and apply.
The Sills Cummis & Gross statewide Land Use Practice Group within the Real Estate Department is an essential part of the Firm’s interdisciplinary redevelopment team that provides the full range of specialized legal services necessary to complete projects of all types. We represent property owners, developers, multinational corporations, and REITs in connection with obtaining land use approvals and permits for residential, retail, office, industrial and mixed-use projects throughout New Jersey. Our attorneys are active in all aspects of the development approval process, including the preparation and presentation of site plans and procurement of state and local public incentives including tax abatements and grants. The Firm’s Real Estate Department and several of its attorneys are regularly ranked by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and Best Lawyers in America.
Sills Cummis & Gross is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in our workplace.
- 2-5 years of land use and redevelopment experience.
- Experience attending municipal and county planning board and zoning board hearings.
- Experience negotiating and drafting redevelopment agreements and financial agreements.
- Strong research skills and oral communication
- Possess a JD from an accredited law school with a strong academic record.
- Must be licensed to practice in the State of New Jersey.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to interact directly with clients.
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter, resume and transcript to Milvia Burns, Chief Talent and Strategy Officer, here.