Employment and Labor Junior Associate – Newark
Sills Cummis & Gross P.C., a full-service corporate law firm, with offices in New Jersey and New York, has the capabilities of a New York full-service law firm. As one of the largest law firms in New Jersey, Sills Cummis & Gross has established a national reputation in its handling of precedent setting issues. At Sills Cummis & Gross, our goal is to make sure you are exposed to high-profile cases and receive the necessary tools to exceed client expectations. Our attorneys are innovative, creative and collaborative; giving you the platform to flourish in an environment where your ideas matter. When you join our group of attorneys, you will work alongside some of the best professionals in their field of practice who will mentor you and help develop your skills. The firm not only makes a commitment to our clients, we also make a commitment to our attorneys. If you are ready to join an engaging, inclusive firm where you will have the ability to shape your future, please read more below.
Sills Cummis & Gross P.C. seeks an experienced Employment & Labor Associate to join our Newark office. This is an exciting opportunity to join a very dynamic Employment and Labor Practice Group at a well-respected law firm. The successful candidate will possess a demonstrated interest in employment law, client counseling and preventative work as evidenced by prior work history and law school course concentration.
Sills Cummis & Gross is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in our workplace.
- 2-4 years of experience assisting with the defense of discrimination, wage and hour, and FMLA suits in NY, NJ and before government agencies.
- Exposure to restrictive covenant civil actions.
- Experience with pre-trial discovery.
- Working knowledge of various federal, New Jersey, New York State and New York City employment statutes, ordinances and executive orders.
- Experience in traditional labor law and/or ERISA matters is a plus.
- Must be admitted to practice in NY and NJ.
- Excellent academic credentials, legal research, drafting and writing ability, and analytical and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently.
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter, resume and transcript to Milvia Burns, Chief Talent and Strategy Officer, here.