- May 16, 2010 - May 19, 2010
- The Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa
- Asheville, North Carolina
- Anjana D. Patel
- The Governance Institute
- Evolving Physician Alignment Models in Light of Healthcare Reform & Beyond
The Governance Institute’s May Leadership Conference offers hospital and health system trustees, physician leaders and executive management an opportunity to:
- Understand the value of an effective board and the roles and responsibilities associated with being a board member.
- Have greater awareness of board member accountability, the need for transparency, and how to achieve organizational integrity.
- Address finance, quality and patient safety, and information technology issues to create positive change in your organization.
- Make sound strategic decisions and develop both short- and long-term strategic goals.
- Discover new and practical ways to deal with the challenges of today’s changing healthcare environment.
The title of Anjana Patel’s presentation is “Evolving Physician Alignment Models in Light of Healthcare Reform & Beyond.” This session will provide a discussion of some new and modified hospital–physician alignment models and strategies in light of proposed national healthcare reform, as well as recently amended legal restrictions (e.g., the Stark law). Topics will include cutting-edge models such as captive PC employment, gainsharing, pay-for-performance, co-management, accountable care organizations and medical homes.