- May 19, 2011
- Borgata Hotel Casino and Spa
- Atlantic City, New Jersey
- Peter G. Verniero, Jeffrey J. Greenbaum, Galit Kierkut, Andrew B. Robins
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- On Appeal: Appellate Advocacy (Peter G. Verniero); Class Actions Today ... and Tomorrow (Jeffrey J. Greenbaum); Social Media Risks and Policies for Law Firms (Galit Kierkut); Environmental Trends and DEP Transformation: Lessons Learned and To Be Learned (Andrew B. Robins)
Peter G. Verniero, Chair of the Firm’s Appellate and Corporate Internal Investigations Practice Groups, will moderate a panel on appellate advocacy. Learn how to do it right from the experts. Get insights and advice on writing powerful briefings, making the most persuasive oral argument and more from the people who have seen it all.
Jeffrey J. Greenbaum, Chair of the Firm’s Class Action Litigation Practice Groups, will moderate a panel on class actions. Veteran class action practitioners from both the plaintiff and defense side will discuss the latest developments affecting class action practice, including evolving standards for class certification in state and federal court, the future of class action waivers in consumer contract arbitration agreements, attorneys’ fee awards for plaintiffs' counsel, and more.
Andrew B. Robins, Chair of the Firm's Environmental Practice Group, will take part in a panel on environmental trends and DEP transformation. This panel provides critical insight to the transformation process at the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection and what it means to every lawyer in the field. Dramatic new developments at DEP include the use of private-sector Licensed Site Remediation Professionals, contracting out review of land use applications, increased reliance on outside stakeholder input and other regulatory reforms. Panelists will discuss these developments and implications and tips for your practice.