- January 08, 2016
- Charles H. Kaplan
- BLR/HR Hero
Mr. Kaplan will explain the practical impact new state laws have on New York-based employer policies and practices.
He will discuss:
- Employee handbook policy changes to make in 2016
- How new amendments to New York’s equal pay law affect your compliance obligations, including what constitutes equal work and similar working conditions—and your timeline for compliance
- How expanded employee protections under new fair pay and pay transparency legislation affect your compliance obligations
- How to deal with the expansion to all employers state prohibitions against sexual harassment.
- How to identify familial status-based discrimination — and how to ensure that policies or practices in your New York-based workplace don’t create legal liabilities for your organization
- The types of reasonable accommodations you'll need to be prepared to make for pregnancy-related conditions
- And much more!