- May 14, 2014 - May 16, 2014
- Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
- Atlantic City, New Jersey
- Jeffrey J. Greenbaum, Joshua N. Howley
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Hot Topics in Class Actions (Jeffrey J. Greenbaum); Hot Topics in Check Fraud, Electronic Payments & Banking Law (Joshua N. Howley)
Hot Topics in Class Action
This program will highlight recent important class action
decisions in areas such as class ascertain-ability, “picking off” class
representatives, class arbitration, standards for expert testimony, cy pres
settlements and other significant topics.
Hot Topics in Check Fraud, Electronic Payments & Banking Law
Co-Sponsored by the NJSBA Banking Law Section and Financial Services Litigation Committee of the Banking Law Section
This seminar will provide (a) an overview of the laws of negotiable instruments and electronic payment systems (b) legislative and regulatory updates in these areas of law (c) an overview of current internet and other fraud being perpetrated and strategies for prevention and loss recovery (d) bank security issues and issues arising out of interstate banking and (e) significant developments in recent case law in these areas and in banking law generally.