Litigation Associate – Newark
Sills Cummis & Gross P.C. is a full-service
corporate law firm with offices in New Jersey and New York. At Sills Cummis & Gross, our goal is make sure
you are exposed to high-profile cases and receive the necessary tools to exceed
client expectations. Our attorneys are innovative, creative, and collaborative;
giving you the platform to flourish in an environment where your ideas matter.
When you join our group of attorneys, you will work alongside some of the best
professionals in their field of practice who will mentor you and help develop
your skills. The firm not only makes a commitment to our clients, we also make
a commitment to our attorneys. If you are ready to join an engaging, inclusive
firm where you will have the ability to shape your future, view our open
positions and apply.
Sills Cummis & Gross litigators represent multinational
corporations, financial institutions and government bodies, often in complex
and important matters. Our attorneys are active in pre-trial, trial and
appellate matters in federal and state courts, as well as administrative
litigation, grand jury investigations and arbitrations. Sills Cummis & Gross was named 2019 "General Litigation Department of the Year" by the New Jersey Law Journal. This is the fifth award the Sills Cummis & Gross Litigation Department has received in the last four years and the second award received this year. In February 2019, Sills Cummis & Gross was named “New Jersey Firm of the Year” 2019 by Benchmark Litigation. This is the third year in a row Sills Cummis & Gross received this honor. The Benchmark Litigation awards in 2017, 2018 and 2019 come on the heels of Sills Cummis & Gross being named, in November 2016, "2016 General Litigation Department of the Year Winner, Midsized Firm" by the New Jersey Law Journal. The
Department is also ranked by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for
Business (2019 edition) in “Band 1” in New Jersey.
- 3-7 years of commercial litigation experience with knowledge of commercial real estate a plus.
- Strong writing skills necessary to draft complaints, answers, discovery requests and responses, motions, and briefs
- Strong research skills and oral communication
- New York practice experience preferred
- Possess a JD from an accredited law school with a strong academic record
- Must be licensed to practice in the State of New Jersey and New York
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to interact directly with clients
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter, resume and transcript to Milvia Burns, Chief Talent and Strategy Officer, here.